Sunday, April 15, 2007

Simple Dynamic Record Access, Redux

I sparked a little interest in my post. I thank everyone who has commented on my post, both the comment on Reddit, and the comments made here. Now on my list of things to do is to read deeper about this topic.

I will admit that I did not make the most spectacular of implementations of the idea (with a max of like 3 minutes actually thinking about it, just to get something working, excluding writing the entry :))

I did think I was a bit hasty in saying 'hate' like in the phrase 'I hate records'. I 'wish' they were more dynamic, but I am not weeping over it, since myself, ayrnieu (http://programming.reddit.com/info/1i147/comments) and Philip Robinson (http://chlorophil.blogspot.com/2007/04/dynamic-record-access-functions-with.html) were able to tackle something over the idea. I knew its limitations, so I have tended to use proplists mostly instead, for small lists. It was when I had to consider trying to do dynamic access, I was saying "ohhhhh!"

Eh, anyway, forgive the non-technical response. I am going to do some cutting-and-pasting later, replacing my own with a better implementation. :D

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else encountering issues with your blog. It looks like some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them too? This may be a problem with my web browser because I've had this
happen before. Cheers

my blog: Honeywell Bar Code Scanner

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home